Monday, July 20, 2009

Week 4, Thing 8: RSS Feeds

I learned that RSS (Really Simple Syndication) helps busy people keep tabs to their favorite websites by reading the information needed.The RSS feeds sends you updated information from the website you registered so you don't deviate by reading other stuff. I think this is a great tool because I always spend more time reading information I wasn't looking for and deviate from my original purpose. I also created an aggregator reader account from Google Reader which makes RSS even cooler. What does this account do? Well, it lets me send all the RSS feeds subscriptions to one place for my convenient reading. I also subcribed to some of the Google Reader news, entertainment feeds. I can totally see that I can use RSS feeds with my job as a librarian in that I could subscribe to feeds to keeps myself well informed on new and inovating ways to improve my library services. The big plus for me is that websites have feeds for specific sections of their website allowing me not to deviate and read only what I need. This is one of the main reasons I trully believe that these Things we are doing are taking way more than the 18 hours we are getting credit for. I am personally taking way to much time to post due to all the deviations. Oh, well, thats life.

No comments:

Post a Comment