Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 5, Thing 11: Web 2.0 Award List

I went to the short list link of the award winning Web 2.0 websites. I selected Twitter from the social bookmarking category. I have heard of twitter alot in the news and amongst friends. I really didn't know what it was until I actually went and reviewed the site. I am not the type of person that cares for posts about people walking somewhere, eating something, or doing something in particular. To me that is a waste of my time. Some people truly spend too much time on their computers. I would definetly not twitter. But on a positive note, it does help that their are people out their twittering and doing all the posting and leaving a long list of things that I could at one point read ( if time allows it ). I did a search on Michael Jackson and found great video links, pictures, etc. that I would not have taken time to find. Thank you Twitters! I tried to Travel IQ games and I was really bad. Geography is not my best subject. I wish I had tons of time to go through all the twitter accounts. I will surely visit and learn about more of them.

2 comments:

  1. I subscribe to some very useful Twitter feeds. Joyce Valenza, Kathy Schrock and Dr. Teri Lesesne send out very informative links and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of using twitter for professional use.

    ReplyDelete