Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week 6, Thing 13: Del.icio.us

I had already heard of the Del.icio.us website in other workshops but had never tried it out for myself. I did view the Santa Cruz Public Library Tutorial video to review what I had already heard. After watching it, I went to the SJLibraryLearning2 link. There I tried the tags that other people had created that would help with this class. I also tried the tags that had been bookmarked the most. I went on to create my very own Del.icio.us account and installed the necessary tools (icons)for my toolbar. Then I began trying it out and realized something was not working right. When you find a good website to bookmark, you're supposed to click on the down arrow on the del.icio.us icon on the toolbar and select save a new bookmark. When I click on it, I am asked to sign-in. After I sign-in, I have to select a link to save a new bookmark. Well, I had to type the url myself. I know their is some glitch I have to fix because I know that the url should appear automatically. I can't wait to use the offered features to add and organize all my favorite websites. Creating an account for the library would benefit our students greatly. I would encourage teachers to help save bookmarks on topics covered in class.

2 comments:

  1. What I do is click in the "Keep me logged in" box when I sign-in and then I can add bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete