Monday, August 10, 2009

Week 6, Thing 15: Library 2.0

Wow! How could I ever manage to serve my 600 students with such high standards as the Library 2.0 describes. Don't get me wrong, I would love being able to do so much more for my patrons but I find that I don't have the time, energy, and/or resources. I do believe that we need to learn what our students know so that we can target them successfully. I learn through these types of workshops then share with my students and teachers. But there's so much to do, so many possibliities, that I often feel that I run like a chicken without a head. My teachers tell me that I am a wonderful librarian, but I know that I can offer so much more. Resources are also scarce. I try purchasing as much technologies as possible. I have found that by the time I finish with one grade level, another is already in need for replacements. We seem to have more problems with new equipment breaking down than our older equipment. There is an overall feeling of frustration as well when I am the only person pushing the library. It is hard not having full support from the school administrators. These articles have definetly inspired me to try to find ways to facilitate learning even if I have to do it all by myself.a

1 comment:

  1. Believe the teachers when they say you are doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete