Thursday, August 13, 2009

Week 9, Thing 21: Podcasts

I began my journey by going to the suggested directory websites. I went to podcast alley.com. While I was there, I searched for podcasts about books, reading, and/or education. The podcasts listed had a variety of names which I thought was hard to determine which podcast I needed. I was hoping I would get exactly what I needed. Then I selected one called Children's Book Radio but was asked to add an aggregator to listen to the podcasts. I chose Juice. I downloaded it and after that, caos. Well, not exactly, it's just that I was not able to make the podcasts work. Another thing that I didn't like is that I need to select the podcast series as a feed. I don't need to add more files to my computer, especially if I don't know how good they are. I prefer podcasts that do not require any additional applications to run the podcast. I did find Yahoo directories useful and especially liked the link on the educational podcasts. Those opened without a problem. I guess that next time I need a podcast, I will search for it and not subscribe to the feed.

1 comment: