Thursday, August 13, 2009

Week 9: Thing 22: E-Books

I just had a presentation from a vendor about E-books today. I am planning on buying some this year because I feel that we have to move to technologies that our students are using. I was excited about paying the same price for an e-book as the book on print. Now, I am extatic knowing that I can recommend websites where we can download and read free e-books. The World Library Fair website is also a good place to recommend. 8.95 per month is not bad form millions of e-books available. I plan on buying mp3 players so my students can download the free e-books to and listen to them at home. This works well when our students don't have internet at home. I can't wait to see their faces when they hear of what I am planning. They are going to think that I am the coolest librarian. I will surely need to come up with a checkout plan for the mp3 players and train my students on how to dowload the e-books and/or audiobooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment