Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week 6, Thing 14: Technorati

I visited the Technorati website for a second time now since I started the 23 things workshop. My feelings for the website continue being the same: I don't like it. The explanation of it's services is wonderful. You really think you are going to save lots of time by searching for blogs in on place by topics. Well my searches only brought back some good websites. I found it that alot of times I was getting hits to websites that were not even related. Tags may not work as well as we'd hoped. People tag things differently and because of this, we get unnecessary results on our searches. I guess one can use Technorati as a tool but not soley depend on it to find the blogs of interest. We might be lucky and get more results on some searches than in others.

1 comment:

  1. I use Technorati mainly for finding out about what the daily top blogging topics.

    ReplyDelete